Flip The Beat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know!

Hptonks425
    Hptonks425

Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know! Empty Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know!

Post by Hptonks425 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 am

Ok, we all know when joining a new forum, you can get a bit confused with how things work. Well, I am here to show you how to change your avatar, signature, preferences, everything in your profile to make this site better for you!

To go to your profile click the word "Profile" located at the top of the forum in the toolbar. Its located between "Groups" and "P.M."

Once you're at your profile, you'll notice there are tabs labeled "Information" "Preferences" "Signature" "Avatar" "Friends and Foes" "Topic is being watched" and "Drafts"

First Label, Information:

Here you can change your current password, by simply typing in your old password, then the new one you want, and then confirming the new one.

You can also change your Gender, Birthday, Location, Occupation, and How you found the site.

Then theres a contact field where you can post different contacts to different sites like ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo messanger, and skype. you can also post a link to your own website.

Remember, you must press save to save the info you have put in.

Next Label, Preferences:

In the preferences label, you can do many things. Change wether you want to be able to recieve emails from members, Different notifications, date and time of the forum, things like that. to change these, simply click on the circle in front of the preference you want and click save.

Next Label, Signature:

A signature is the writing or images that are automatically attached to your posts. when you post, your signature will be right under the post.

To make a signature, simply type what you want to be in the signature in the box located. If you want an image, press the image button, paste the image link after the first [img] and then press the image button again. It should look something like this Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know! Whatever the image URL is goes here Click save and the image or text you entered should be your new signature.

Next Label, Avatar:

Uploading an avatar is easy. If you have an image saved on your computer, click browse, and then choose the image you want, click open, and the image link will show up in the box. if you have an image from a site, and you have the link of the image, paste the image link in the box labeled "Upload an avatar from a URL".

Next Label, Friends and foes:

This is simply for adding members to your friends list, or your foes list. to add someone to your friends list, type their username in the box, or click find a username, to find one if you don't know it by heart. this tab can also show friend requests you have sent and that are pending, or friend requests members have sent to you and that are pending. you can also add a foe the same way you would add a friend

Next Label, Topic is being watched:

Topic is being watched is like subscribed threads. when you post on a thread, the thread will be added to your topic is being watched. TiBW can be used to find threads quicker, and see new posts.

Last Label, Drafts:

I don't currently Know what drafts is for, but when I find out, I'll edit this thread.

I hope this helped some new members!!
    atmosphere
    atmosphere

Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know! Empty Re: Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know!

Post by atmosphere Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Great thread!! Drafts is when you have like a PM that you are going to send, but you let it sit in your draft box until you finish it..lookin for a better definition, ha, but i'm gonna make this a sticky!
    Hptonks425
    Hptonks425

Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know! Empty Re: Guide to your profile! Everything you need to know!

Post by Hptonks425 Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks! Smile
    atmosphere
    atmosphere

Post by atmosphere Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm NOt sure how to sticky on this site... Chels? Help?
    Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Chelsea Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Stickied. [;
    atmosphere
    atmosphere

Post by atmosphere Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:04 pm

how do i do that chels?
    fLYwITHmE♫
    fLYwITHmE♫

Post by fLYwITHmE♫ Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 am

Great Guide! Thanks for the pointers. :]
    Shannon
    Shannon

Post by Shannon Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:16 pm

I still cannot get my signature to attach to my messages i even clicked off yes to allow it to be attached to my messages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content